Difficult and dangerous approaches
Many of the flights on the tour page describe dangerous and difficult approaches and airports in FS2004 and FSX. Here is my favorite list of the most spectacular and challenging airport approaches:
- IGS and NDB 13 at Kai Tak (VHHX)
- Visual at Saba (SABA) in DHC-6 Twin Otter
- River Visual 19 at Ronald Reagan Washington (KDCA)
- Visual 23 at Courchevel (LFLJ) in DHC-7 with sloping runway add-on
- GPS 2 at Santos Dumont (SBRJ)
- Parkway Visual and VOR 13 at John F. Kennedy (KJFK)
- LLZ/DME at Vagar (EKVG) in Boeing 737
- LLZ/DME/circling at Innsbruck (LOWI)
- ILS/DME 10 at London City (EGLC)
- 5 approaches at Madeira (LPMA)
- GPS/visual 9 at Gibraltar (LXGB)
- Visual at Lukla (VNLK) in DHC-6 Twin Otter with sloping runway add-on
- River Visual 13 and Expressway Visual 31 at La Guardia (KLGA)
- Visual at Paro (VQPR)
- 9 approaches at Saint Maarten (TNCM)
- Visual at Saint-Barthélemy (TFFJ)
- GPS or VOR/DME circling at Queenstown (NZQN)
- Aircraft carrier approaches
- VOR/DME at Toncontin (MHTG)
For high elevation airports, short runways, etc., see this page.
See list of airports and places in FS2004 and FSX that are strange in some way.
Also consider the famous Doherty's Difficult and Dangerous Approaches.
If you wan't more suggestions for Flight Simulator flights in general see this page.